Followers

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Reaching forward...

Happy New Year! Thank you to everyone that has followed my blog and those who have visited the site... The new year has started and its the time of year that many people reflect over the last year and decide what is going to happen differently in the new year. I am no different and I have decided to make some changes in my life. Sunday, Bishop W.C. Hunter my Pastor and mentor preached a message that has catapulted my thinking into a new direction. I was stuck in the past literally. My thinking was stuck on a part of my life that has changed dramatically in the last year. One day I felt like I was on top of the world and the next day everything changed and I could not get over that hurdle in my life. Sometimes we get stuck on the good memories that we used to have and so hung up on what could've been that we stop moving forward. I didn't try to get caught up in my past. I just was so shocked and hurt that I didn't realize that I wasn't really interested in creating new great memories. I felt like I was just going through the motions of my days and nights. I poured a lot into this situation and I got to the point that I was so tired mentally and just drained. I did everything I could on my part to make this particular situation in my life work :-) But alas, its time for me to back away and let the past go and look forward to new experiences! We live and we learn and this has truly been a lesson learned for me. I am in a new place and I find myself smiling more. Our mind is like a tape recorder and it replays the events in our life over and over until we create new memories to play in our mind. I was replaying the good memories that I have had and trying to forget the bad memories but replaying the good memories can be just as bad because you are still replaying the past. I will not let my past interfere with my present. I will reach forward to those things that are before me. I will monitor my thoughts! All of the experiences in my life have helped to create the woman that I am. I can not control what happens around me but I can control my actions and I am not the same person that I used to be. I am reaching forward and living in the present!

No comments:

Post a Comment