Followers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Legacy Lives on...


This first post is near and dear to my heart because of the odd circumstances that has made this story sad but true. A young man Robert Brown aka Brikk lost his life and his son Robert Brown Jr and a friend Devonte' Saddler aka Snake Eyes are carrying on the legacy of what his father started and group member Mobb aka Travis Moore. Pinney Woods is a group out of my hometown that recently signed a major deal with Universal and were in the beginning stages of promotions and album prep with two hot singles on the charts. "I Hate You" feat. The Game and "Be Alright" feat Lil Wayne. This is about the continuation of a Legacy that has been started and I definately think these cats got what it takes. The group name is Y.P.B. which stands for Young Paid Boys and they sent me two singles "Hoodstar" and "I'm trying to make it". Of the two songs hands down Hoodstar caught my attention first and I really like the feel of the beat and how the boys come on the song enthusiastic and engaging. They have a lot of work to do but they are starting early and they can work on their verbal skills and the execution of versus. Brikk Jr is 13 and Snake Eyes is 14. They are keeping alive the memory of a great man gone soon RIP Brikk. It is going to take some time but if they keep pushing and stay focused they have a bright future ahead of them. I wonder what will come of the Pinney Woods project and what decision were made on behalf of Universal but that is another story for another day. I give Y.P.B a work in progress rating and wish them the best!

Y.P.B.- Hood Star.wma

Y.P.B- I'm Trying To Make It.wma

No comments:

Post a Comment